Tuesday 25 September 2012

Email to NATIONAL PRESS CLUB


From: g87
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:01 AM
Subject: TO KEN RANDALL DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL PRESS CLUB AND MEDIA MONITORS

Director of National Press Club
Canberra
Dear Mr Randall,
I refer you to the address by Illan Pappe to the National Press Club on Wednesday 19/9/12
It was broadcast from ABC TV from 12.00 pm to 12.30 pm
I merely watched approx half of the programme and now write you as follows.
  1. I note that unlike many organizations which are defacto media watch dogs – your organization charges fees for access to transcripts and DVD: $330 and $85 respectively. Massive fees at that.
  2. It is with respect I advise that it is an outrage. I suppose one can be respectful and be outraged? These fees will be seen by amateur media watchdogs who monitor media watch dogs as an attempt by your esteemed organization to ensure that being held to account will be a userous impost to said amateurs.
  3. I note that your modus vivendi is to invite that questions of incipient NPR speakers be submitted in advance of that speaker’s incipient speaking engagement. I note that Christine Milne will be speaking tomorrow.
  4. I guess that the structure of those questions will be settled in advance: it seems obvious to me that green true – believers will dominate – just like the anti _ Israel activists dominated re Pappe.
  5. Yes Mr Randall – I too heard the ubiquitous inverted motherhood question from a woman [WHO IS SHE MR RANDALL?] who asked an especially structured question about self – hating Jews.
  6. I postulate that this was the only question that was remotely unfriendly or sycophantic. Indeed it was the question designed to enable the excuse you will have contemplated offering me – IE that after all – we DID ask one reasonable question! Don’t do it Mr Randall – I will have vitiated this excuse.
  7. But there was no follow up question to Pappe who skilfully flicked it aside! THERE WAS NO HOLDING HIM TO ACCOUNT!
  8. Indeed 0 there were questions only prom anti – Israel activists! They did not even try to wear masks.
  9. Oh Mr Randall: you spoke at the end: Nothing but soft – left friendly questions from you AND THE NPR fellow Director Laurie Wilson!
  10. Is this what you guys call journalism? Where were the infamous Canberra Press Gallery with their understood inability to ask tough questions?
  11. THEY WERE NOT EVEN THERE! Tell me Mr Randall – who were those 200 or so sipping champagne at the Pappe talk?
  12. You proudly wore the moniker of Media Monitors: why does your website not mention this membership of yours?
  13. Kindly send me the transcript and DVD so I can make further comments to your anticipated answer. Surely you will answer – and enable me to contemplate it in reasonable context.
Yours Sincerely
Geoffrey Seidner
13 Alston Grove East St Kilda 3183
Tel 03 9525 9299

No comments:

Post a Comment